Making salads are no rocket science, but the secret of a good salad lies in perfect melange of flavours. This simple stir fried chicken- veggies salad is filling, healthy and delish. It’s a light meal perfect to gorge onto during summers.
I have a personal affinity towards summers. Perhaps, because I am a summer baby or may be because summers are always reminiscent of those unforgettable memories of summer holidays and the subsequent fun. I may sound a little kiddish here but c’mon, summer holidays are always special. After all who doesn’t cherish those laidback days when the only thing you do is to indulge in things you wish to. One adult view, however, could be, I never feel dull in this season. Fatigued yes, but not dull per se.
But let’s face it. Summer is harsh in India. Especially during the month of May and June the sweltering heat saps all your energy and all you crave for is cool and refreshing drinks and non-spicy, light food or some kick ass salads for that quintessential invigoration.
Like I mentioned earlier, salads are not hard to make. All you have to take care about is, to amalgamate perfect ingredients to make it drool worthy. Also, one important thing to keep in mind is how you want to cut your veggies for salads. Bigger chunks of fruits or veggies keep you full for a little longer period of time than the smaller chunks or fine sliced ones as they get easily digested. Take your pick accordingly. As far as this stir fried salad is concerned, it’s a fairly simple one with few ingredients.
STIR FRIED VEGGIES SALAD
It’s been quite some time since I put together this salad in a real jiffy, because I didn’t have any prior plans as such to prepare it. To be honest, it was more of a spontaneous cooking when my husband was suddenly home for lunch one day. Since he didn’t wish to indulge himself in a heavy meal, I ended up making this salad which is light, has fewer ingredients with refreshing accompaniments.
Read on for the recipe!
- Chicken Sausages (Can be any of your preference) – 2
- 1 Onion – medium sized
- 1 tomato – medium sized
- Green Bell pepper – 1/2 of a medium sized one
- Baby corns – 2
- Sweet corns – 2 tablespoons full
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2-3 teaspoons
- Fish sauce – 1/2 teaspoon
- Soy sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Chilli flakes – 1/2 teaspoon
- Roasted Garlic – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Sugar – 1 pinch (Optional)
- Sesame seeds and chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Arrange all the above mentioned ingredients. Dice chicken sausages, onion and green bell peppers. Thin slice baby corns and halve the tomato.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil in a flat pan. Put halved tomato once the pan is hot and pan grill it. Keep it aside.
- In another pan, add 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Once it warms up, add roasted garlic in it. Add diced chicken sausages and onions and stir them for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced baby corns and sweet corns in it and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Finally add diced green bell peppers in it and mix.
- At this point add fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and chilli flakes. Mix well.
- Lastly add salt and give it all a final mix. Cook for one more minute and take out in a salad bowl.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and a little bit of chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve the stir fried salad with pan grilled tomatoes and cucumber.
This impromptu stir fried veggies salad won palates and hearts both. Fixing it up from the scratch takes for about 20 minutes and that saves you from slogging in the kitchen for long, especially during blistering heat. This scrumptious salad is light, healthy and full of flavours. If you wish to make your meal more lavish, have it with boiled eggs and hung curd. Fixing meals quickly is such a breather during summers afterall and the cherry on the cake is, when it’s healthy and delicious.
Hope you all liked the post and the recipe. In case of any queries and feedback, do comment in the section below. I’d love to hear.
Till then, Happy Munching & Keep Smiling! Tada. 🙂